Saturday, September 10, 2005

Saturday Again

Well, we are supposed to have been doing the Parent Weekend Thing, but we have not made to any of the events yet. We are planning on making the game later, however. We want to see Staci run around the field with the Baylor Line for the first time!

She has been feeling better, but I understand that her roommate, Abby, is now feeling tired and rundown, and she recently learned from her mother that she had never had mono before as she thought.

I want to take this opportunity to give a big shout out to our dear friends Dana and Benny Ferguson. Dana, as some of you know, came up from New Braunfels and took excellent care of us a little over a week ago. She made her world-renowned sausage bread for breakfast, and cleaned and helped organize, and generally was her typical wonderful self the whole time she was here. I did not have a picture of Dana by herself to post to the blog, because she seems to rarely allow herself to be photographed. I will attempt to rectify that matter sometime in the near future. But here is a (not recent) picture of her with Kalei, her grandaughter.

















Here is Kalei terrorizing 'Uncle' Steve in Kitok's parking lot. Even at this young age, she already knows the best places in Waco to go eat. As I recall she had the Liplocker with cheese, Oriental Fries, Chicken Bulgogi and a Small Fried Rice, with a Diet Dr. Pepper (You know, a girl's got to watch her figure.)













And finally here are more recent photos of Kalei. I may be a little prejudiced, but I think she might just be the third prettiest girl in the world. (In case you were wondering the hairbrush is not for her, it's Benny's.)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, since no one has commented on this, i decided I had better say something. First of all----boo to you Steve for posting that photo of me. You know the rules about pics of me!! But since that sweet baby girl is in the pic I will let you slide this time. the time spent at the Gohring home was a special time for me. thanks for letting me be a live-in maid, cook, etc. for a few days! And for letting me eat at the table with ya'll! What an honor!