Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Party in the hizouse!!

Yesterday I decided that I really needed to go to the Deacon's meeting. I haven't gone to a Deacon's meeting in months, and yesterday I was reminded why. All through the meeting Jan, Cliff and Jeff were texting me to tell me that I needed to get home for the Tuesday Night Family dinner, and I responded that they should go ahead and eat without me. I thought the meeting was nearly over several times, but it finally concluded a little after 8, and I headed home. On the way I called Jan's cell phone and Jonathan picked up, and I said I was on my way, and thought to myself "cool, Jonathan finally came to a Tuesday Night dinner". I pulled down 42nd Street, and noticed a whole lot more cars than I expected, and then, as I turned into my driveway, I encountered way more people than I thought should be there for Family Night. It was a Surprise Party for me! A week late, so it was a surprise for sure. After I got over the surprise, my next thought was, "Who is feeding all of these people?" There was cake and Birthday cards, and I had a great time, even though I had missed most of the party. Thanks so much for everyone who came, who made this birthday week such a memorable one. I am truly blessed to have friends that not only care enough to come to a surprise party for me, but even are willing to wait an hour and a half (or more) for me to show up. I wish I had pictures from last night to post, but I never even got to get my camera, but I believe that B. Hood has some pictures that she will (no doubt) be blogging in the very near future. Again thanks to everyone who came to wish me Happy Birthday, and to everyone who didn't come, but still wished me a Happy Birthday, and to everyone else who is just reading this for that matter.

45 is not nearly as bad as one might expect.

(For Mark, Alan and Trenton - Sorry that because of me you didn't get to miss the Deacon's Meeting, but at least we can look forward to the Spring Retreat!)

- Papa Steve

6 comments:

mark said...

yeah, i was all set to skip, but thanks to you, i got to hear about jim's fear of drums.

Anonymous said...

i was set to skip, too, since i have no shot at the attendance record. but then i never would have learned that worship can be painful. i hope to never experience that.

Anonymous said...

I had such a good time with the fellow brethren at Steve’s birthday party. I was so thankful I was invited. I endeavored to get my good friend Ronald Durham to come as well. I told him, Ronald, Steve’s birthday party is tonight, won’t you come, others are coming. There will be some cake, and cookies, and some people there to receive you, and maybe some literature. Won’t you come now as Jesus would lead you. However, he regrets he could not attend. I am thankful for the friendship of Steve and the great blessing he has been to myself and Ruth, and to our ministry over the years. Happy Birthday Steve.

Anonymous said...

OK, how did Cliff - alias Dale, etc. etc. etc. do that?

Anonymous said...

Just type a name and web address in the "other" column and you can be whoever you want to be.

Anonymous said...

im going to have to add you to the "used to blog" list. when i check your blog from my cell phone i expect it to be updated!