Friday, September 24, 2010

I give up.

This article was posted today on MSNBC.com. I am clearly fighting a losing battle when I say that we shouldn't care what entertainers think about important issues. Granted this sort of stuff brings publicity to what is going on in Washington, but I can't help but believe that there are people out their with legitimate opinions, as well as the credentials to back up their arguments, who have been denied this same sort of access to government policy-makers. When our elected officials would rather laugh and entertain themselves than do their jobs, then there just isn't much hope. Bring on the meat dress. We are only several poor decisions away from President Flavor Flav.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Wow, is this a comeback to the blogging world??

Papa Steve said...

Yeah, I thought I would wait until it was no longer popular, and then try it again.

mab said...

Scariest stat I've heard this week: The most trusted news reporter in America is Jon Stewart of the Daily Show.

*sigh*

(And welcome back to blogging! Pretty please keep it up! And, you're inspiring me to not slack so bad at my blog. . . not that I'm going to actually write a post today or anything. 'Cause it's late and I'm going to wake up soon so we can go to church.)