Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Dear highly overpaid entertainer(s),

I know that there are literally thousands of people hanging on to your every word, and there are innumerable hangers-on and lackeys that surround you daily feeding off of you like remoras on a shark, and this utter dependence on you for sustenance has you thinking that the rest of the world must wonder what you think on a veritable panoply of topics, but please be advised, I do not. I don't care about your political views, I don't care about which particular laws you find offensive, not stringent enough, or just plain meaningless. I am sure that you have great thoughts, I imagine you fancy yourselves as deep thinkers, but when it comes down to it, your function, purpose, your raison d'etre is to sing, act, and/or entertain (period).

5 comments:

Papa Steve said...

For the two of you who will read this. That's two posts in two days.

Teresa said...

I am impressed. Thanks to google reader, I read it!

mab said...

Welcome back to blogging! Please keep it up. :)

And I agree. Why do some people get listened to just because they sing and wear meat dresses that they can set policy.

Oh, wait... were you not referring to the meat dress? If it had been cooked, I might be ok with it. Because it would be a dress and a snack.

Papa Steve said...

And that was the two I was talking about. :)

MAB, I was not specifically trying to "call out" any one individual, I am just not really "ga-ga" about any of them opining about anything outside the realm that they inhabit. It is this belief that if you are a talented musician, interesting artist, etc., then that means that your other non-related endeavors are equally valuable that galls me.

Cliff L said...

Three actually.