Monday, March 10, 2008

An inconvenient truth?

OK, this is going to sound like a crackpot idea, but hear me out. We all know that global warming has become more and more of a problem, what with the loss of arctic ice, and whatnot, and you might be wondering what can I, a loyal reader of Steve's blog do about it? Well in all of the discussions of methane emissions from cows, the CO2 in the air from coal burning for the production of electricity, and the emissions from all of those cars out there, there is one area that has been completely missed altogether, and we are all guilty of adding to the problem. I am referring, of course, to the CO2 that we all produce each time we breathe out. So, in an effort to curb this growing problem, (The world population of living, and therefore breathing people is now estimated at 4 kajillion* or so, give or take.), I intend to spend Tuesday of each week breathing in twice for every time that I breathe out. This should help in two ways. A.) It will filter an additional amount of what I will call "bad" air through my lungs, and 2.) I will produce less CO2, and thus reduce the collective burden on the trees of our planet, and allow for the harvesting of just that much more rainforest. In a test run of this plan earlier last week, the results were somewhat promising. However, I apparently took in more 'bad' air than I had anticipated, and after 15 minutes I fell over backwards and had to switch back to a one breath in to every breath out mode. I am certain though that if more of us would do this, then the amount of 'bad' air that we would be required to breathe in would be reduced and we would experience a much higher level of success. So remember, "Two-fer Tuesdays" for a brighter tomorrow.

* - I didn't have time to look up an actual number, but I rememer hearing it was really a lot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would comment but I'm ashamed of you.