Wednesday, July 23, 2008

July 23, 1981

27 Years ago today.....

Jan and her best friend Sandy were at my house, I was locked out, having to spend the day and night with Andy Allen, my best man. Jan was getting ready for the wedding and packing my suitcase for our honeymoon at Lakeway in Austin. Andy and I spent a leisurely day doing next to nothing. Upon arrival at the church the next day I realized that the clothes that I brought to change into after the wedding did not include socks, so I was going to have to leave the church in gray slacks and shirt with the white socks from the tuxedo. Realizing the pants would be plenty long enough to cover, I was not worried about it. Arriving at our destination late that evening, I unpacked the suitcase that Jan had packed for our honeymoon weekend (Friday night to Sunday). It contained a couple changes of clothes, my tennis shoes, every single pair of underwear I owned, and, surprisingly NO SOCKS!

Still, I guess there could be worse things than having no socks on your honeymoon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you really need socks?

Papa Steve said...

Actually, did not notice that there were no socks until late Saturday when we were dressing for dinner.

Bow-chick-a-bow-bow.

Anonymous said...

sick

Anonymous said...

Don't you wish that flip flops were the universal style they are today? The other day I needed socks for the first time since I moved into this apartment 6 weeks ago. I love flip flops!

We decided to dress nicely to go to the fancy hotel after our wedding. But, then Ray Ray forgot. So, I had on a nice dress, my hair still up, and my jewelry. He had on shorts, a t-shirt, and tennis shoes. It looked more like I was a rich lady who had decided on a rendezvous with my lawn care guy.