Thursday, June 26, 2008

Pondering Cliff's Blog

Has anyone else noticed that something odd seems to have happened over at Cliff's Blog?

It used to be the kind of place you would go and read, and hope that noone else noticed that you were doing it. Sort of a guilty pleasure as you read the inane comments and views of Cliff, and you were able to ridicule him for what he said and posted.

But lately, it has been wholesome, uplifting, even (dare I say it) spiritual. Something is going on over there at Cliff's blog, and I for one DO NOT CARE FOR IT AT ALL.

I mean, it is becoming the kind of a place you would tell your pastor about. Somewhere you might talk about at a Sunday School Teacher's Training Meeting. His poll questions have evolved from "Do you pick your nose?" to "Have you been on a Mission Trip in the past 12 months?" To quote the Cliff I used to know, "Holy Crap, what is going on here?".

If you, like me are concerned with this paradigm shift, if you honestly believe, as I do, that Cliff's heartwarming blog entries are contributing to global warming, then it is incumbent upon you to do something about it. Let your voice be heard! Let the blogosphere know that we want Cliff's blog to be filled with meaningless drivel, the way that God Himself intended it to be.

Thank you, and good night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am deeply saddened as well and miss the days of Cliffie's posts devoted to his obsession with you, the one and only Papa Steve.

Anonymous said...

you mean cliffie's blog is not all about you anymore? i like reading about you from you, so i might have to go visit and add it to my list of worthy blogs!

Anonymous said...

Another thing I've noticed: He's gone from blogging inane dribble about how you never blog to never blogging himself. Come on, Cliffie! Where's one of your long lists of websites that I can use to waste my time? (Um, I mean enlighten myself.)

Cliff, An occasional serious post is great -- but don't abandon your drivel!