Thursday, September 21, 2006

Signs of Intelligence?

I have been at some NAGGL (National Association of Government Guaranteed Lenders) training this week in San Antonio, and just got back this afternoon. Our training was conducted at the Sheraton Gunter in downtown S.A., and it is a nice hotel. At one point during the training, I ducked out the back door to make use of the facilities, and noticed this sign on the wall next to the back door to our meeting room. I had to take a picture to share with you.



So, here is today's contest. Give me a definition of the word "quardangle". Best definition wins! (Brit, this could be your chance to snag the fertility goddess!)

***UPDATE***

I am unable to call a winner in the last contest. I think that I will have to call it a tie between KarenD and MAB. I liked Lydia's and Brit's entries as well, (especially Brit's use of piffle), but these two had the shortest, most coherent sentences using some really depressing words. (I disqualified my limerick because I am not sure it rhymes, nor does it have the proper meter.) Meanwhile, I will work on what fabulous prize these two can share.

7 comments:

KarenD said...

Oooh, oooh, can we have the fertility goddess?? Is it the gift that keeps on giving, or rather, the prize that keeps rewarding!?

Oh wait, I don't suppose MAB would want her own prize back. Nevermind. And I just got a kitten, so I don't need any fertility blessings at the moment.

Anonymous said...

@karend: Yup. I don't want my own prize back. If Papa Steve doesn't want it, we could always give it to your new kitten.

@Steve: Quardangle? It's people like those who own that hotel that keep editors and other smart grammar people in business. I will bend my thoughts towards this definition in the days ahead.

Anonymous said...

Quardangle: what a hypnotist does with a quarter hung before his client's nose.

T said...

Its those earrings that you buy at Claire's for a quarter, and they dangle down real low.

Anonymous said...

Since it is a well-known fact that a middle school band quartet will begin a piece at the same time, but one member will always finish later than the others, the note that is left dangling at the end of the musical performance is known as a quardangle. This is closely related to the word that said middle school band quartet's director will say as their performance ends: Quardangit!

Anonymous said...

Its the occasional "quar" that dangles off your butt when you go to the bathroom!

KarenD said...

No, no, people, it's Spanish, don't you see? Pronounced: cwarrrr-dawn-glay... except the stupid hotel people left off the accent mark. It means a dance... similar to flamenco fashion, and that room is a dancing hall! All I have to say is Bailamos! (Let's dance!)